Thursday 7 April 2011

Worra corker of a day!

Work took me to Rothbury this morning and on the way back I headed for the coast to see the reported Shorelark at Druridge Pools and the Avocets at Cresswell.

A quick look/see at Hauxley gave me two singing Willow Warblers and my first Swallow for the year, nice!

At Druridge the Shore Lark was briefly seen but disappeared as I grabbed my camera. Never mind, the Wheatears, Twite, Sand Martin and House Martin kept my face straight :)

Twite

Wheatear

At Cresswell there were now six Avocets, two by the causeway - too far for a decent pic and with the sun behind them - so here's a 'record shot':

Avocet

A nice surprise was a Yellow Wagtail that appeared briefly before being lifted by an aggressive Meadow Pipit.

On returning home I had a call from Tom Tams to come and see the first V-Pug for Northumberland for 32 years, caught in his garden last night. As I arrived an Osprey flew over!!!!!!!!

If I score a hat-trick at footy tonight it'll have been a perfect day.

(All I got was a dead leg)

No comments:

Post a Comment